Transparency is central to every aspect of our approach. Our legal center clarifies everything you need to know about how we ensure your understanding, privacy, and best interests are a top priority in our business.
Last updated: April 17, 2023
What information do we collect?
We may collect information from you when you register on the Site, inquire about products or services, respond to communication such as e-mail, or participate in another Site feature. For example:
- We may ask you for your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, or other information. You may, however, visit our Site without providing such information which will result in limited access.
- When completing a mortgage application, we may ask you for information pertaining to your level of mortgage experience, any outstanding mortgages that you may have and other information such as when you expect to obtain your next loan. We may also ask, as a necessary step in the quote request process, information important to complete a loan quote request. Some examples of this information are property address, property purchase price, monthly income amount, monthly debt payment amount, expected credit score, and the balances of outstanding mortgages or other debts. You will have the option during the quote request process to optionally share your personal contact information along with the quote request details, otherwise, quote requests are submitted to qualified loan officers anonymously.
- When completing a mortgage application, we may require the sharing of a Social Security Number. Additionally, in the event that we ask for a birth date, this information is to be used as a qualifying factor in a mortgage transaction or to obtain a credit report.
- We use IP addresses and session identifiers to analyze trends, to administer the Site, to track user activities, to infer user interests, and to otherwise induce, deduce, and gather information about individual users and market segments.
- Like many websites, we use “cookies” to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to our Site. Please refer to the “Do we use ‘cookies’?” section below for information about cookies and how we use them.
- If you indicate your interest in any loan officers or lenders or any products or services that offered via a loan officer or lender, you may be asked to submit information relevant to any potential transactions with such lenders to them.
Because there is not yet a common understanding of how to interpret web browser-based “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) signals other than cookies, we do not currently respond to undefined “DNT” signals to the Site.
We may also obtain information from others (including, without limitation, social media networks, advertising service providers and networks) that does not identify you personally or, if you have given that service or us permission to do so, information that identifies you personally. This information may be combined with information you have provided to us or that we or others have collected about you, so that we may maximize the benefit you receive from the services and the Site, and deliver advertising targeted to your specific interests on our Site (and any related mobile application).
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, purchase products or services, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the Site, submit content for consideration on the Site or use certain other Site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your Site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To administer a promotion, survey or other Site feature.
- To run queries on data collected to better understand our users and their preferences.
- To create a loan quote requests which is provided to loan originators so that they may review your loan request and reply with loan offers.
The information collected from you is your information, and this information will not be sold or given away in a fashion where it can be identified as belonging to you explicitly unless stated otherwise by the Company. We may aggregate the data to provide summaries or trends associated with user behaviors, user requests, and other activities associated with any actions/features available on the site. This could include providing information as to the frequency; style and content of loan quote requests or responses to requests being placed through our Site. Additionally, this could include message content, the frequency of web sessions and other activity-specific data on our site that may offer insights into specific user behaviors.
Written information provided in response to a request for content or other request made by the Company to be included on the site in any fashion, including an article, a quote or otherwise will remain the property of the contributor but can be used in perpetuity by the Company. This content can be used by the Company in any fashion including advertising or promoting services without any requirement of compensation to the creator or contributor in perpetuity.
Do we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
We generally do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice, except as described herein. The term “outside parties” does not include our affiliates, and website hosting partners and other parties who participate in or assist with operating our Site, conducting our business, or servicing you, including, without limitation, any lenders or loan officers advertising products or services via the Site so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. In the event that we sell our company, or otherwise transfer any assets of our company, we may provide your information to the purchaser so that you may continue the relationship or business with us and our products.
We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our Site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. We may aggregate non-personally identifiable information in order to improve our services and for business and administrative purposes. We may also use or share such non-personally identifiable aggregated information with third parties for any purpose.
Correction/Updating Personal Information
You can correct or update your personally identifiable information by re-registering, updating your profile, or by contacting us by electronic mail at email@example.com.
Do we use “cookies”?
We may also contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our Site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won’t have access to many features that make your Site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
Safeguarding Your Personal Information
Company endeavors to follow generally accepted industry security standards to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security and correctly use your personally identifiable information. However, no commercial method of information transfer over the Internet or electronic data storage is known to be 100% secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of that information during its transmission or its storage in our systems.
Privacy and Third Party Links
Online Policy Only
Questions and Feedback
671 Danbury Ct
Newtown, PA 18940
Important Notices to Non-United States Residents
It is important to note that the Site is operated in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that any visitor information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By using the Site and/or providing us with your visitor information, you consent to this transfer.
Your California Privacy Rights
Under California's "Shine the Light" law, California residents who provide personal information in obtaining products or services for personal, family or household use are entitled to request and obtain from us once a calendar year information about the customer information we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include the categories of customer information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately prior calendar year (e.g. requests made in 2015 will receive information regarding 2014 sharing activities).
To obtain this information from Company please send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Request for California Privacy Information” on the subject line and in the body of your message. We will provide the requested information to you at your e-mail address in response. Not all information sharing is covered by the “Shine the Light” requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
We do not knowingly intend to collect personally identifiable information from children. If you are not 18 or older, you are not authorized to use the Site and the services offered via the Site. If a child has provided us with personally identifiable information, a parent or guardian of that child may send an email message to email@example.com with "Request for Child Information Removal" on the subject line and the name and age of the child in the body of the message. We will then make reasonable efforts to delete the child’s information from the database that stores information for the Site.