Last updated: November 7, 2016
from you when you visit our Site, how we may use this information, and the security
By using the Site, you consent to the collection and use of your information by Company
will post those changes on this page. Policy changes will apply only to information collected
after the date of the change.
- What information do we collect?
- We may collect information from you when you register on the Site, inquire about products or services,
respond to communication such as e-mail, or participate in another Site feature. For example:
- When registering, we may ask you for your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number,
or other information. You may, however, visit our Site without providing such information which
will result in limited access.
- After registration we may ask you for additional information. For example:
- As an individual, we may ask you for information pertaining to your level of mortgage
experience, any outstanding mortgages that you may have and other information such as when
you expect to obtain your next loan. We may also ask, as a necessary step in the quote
request process, information important to complete a loan quote request. Some examples of
this information are property address, property purchase price, monthly income amount,
monthly debt payment amount, expected credit score, and the balances of outstanding
mortgages or other debts. You will have the option during the quote request process to
optionally share your personal contact information along with the quote request details,
otherwise quote requests are submitted to qualified loan officers anonymously.
- As an individual, we will not ask, nor require, sharing of a Social Security Number.
Additionally, in the event that we ask for a birth date, this information is to be used
as a qualifying factor in a reverse mortgage transaction. When more than one borrower
is included in a reverse mortgage loan request, we will not ask a user to associate one
birth date with a specific user.
- As a professional subscribing to our service or loan officer participating in our service,
we may ask you for information pertaining to your business, such as address, service area(s),
licensing information and other information used to understand the size of your organization
and software currently in place. We may also ask you to provide links to your personal or
company social media sites (Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter for example), company website,
or other sites applicable in your business.
- As a professional subscribing to our service or loan officer participating in our service, we
may provide opportunities to submit written content in the form of an article, a statement for
inclusion on the site or elsewhere, quotation for purpose of inclusion in an article or elsewhere,
or other purpose. Submission of this information is strictly voluntary.
- We use IP addresses and session identifiers to analyze trends, to administer the Site, to track
user activities, to infer user interests, and to otherwise induce, deduce, and gather information
about individual users and market segments.
- Like many websites, we use "cookies" to enhance your experience and gather information about
visitors and visits to our Site. Please refer to the "Do we use 'cookies'?" section below for
information about cookies and how we use them.
- If you indicate your interest in any loan officers or lenders or any products or services that offered
via a loan officer or lender, you may be asked to submit information relevant to any potential
transactions with such lenders to them.
- Because there is not yet a common understanding of how to interpret web browser-based “Do Not Track”
(“DNT”) signals other than cookies, we do not currently respond to undefined “DNT” signals to the Site.
- If you register by logging in with your social media account, (e.g., Facebook, Google or Twitter), or if
you otherwise agree to associate your account with a social networking account, we may receive personal
policy of such site. We may add this information to the information we have already collected from you
via other aspects of the services and your use of the Site.
- We may also obtain information from others (including, without limitation, social media networks,
advertising service providers and networks) that does not identify you personally or, if you have given
that service or us permission to do so, information that identifies you personally. This information may
be combined with information you have provided to us or that we or others have collected about you, so that
we may maximize the benefit you receive from the services and the Site, and deliver advertising targeted
to your specific interests on our Site (and any related mobile application).
- How do we use your information?
- We may use the information we collect from you when you register, purchase products or services,
respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the Site, submit content for consideration on the
Site or use certain other Site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your Site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product
offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To administer a promotion, survey or other Site feature.
- To run queries on data collected to better understand our users and their preferences.
- To create a loan quote requests which is provided to loan originators so that they may review
your loan request and reply with loan offers.
- The information collected from you is your information, and this information will not be sold or given
away in a fashion where it can be identified as belonging to you explicitly unless stated otherwise by
the Company. We may aggregate the data to provide summaries or trends associated with user behaviors,
user requests, and other activities associated with any actions/features available on the site. This could
include providing information as to they frequency; style and content of loan quote requests or responses
to requests being placed through our Site. Additionally, this could include message content, frequency of
web sessions and other activity-specific data on our site that may offer insights to specific user
- Written information provided in response to a request for content or other request made by the Company
to be included on the site in any fashion, including an article, a quote or otherwise will remain the
property of the contributor but can be used in perpetuity by the Company. This content can be used by the
Company in any fashion including advertising or promoting services without any requirement of compensation
to the creator or contributor in perpetuity.
- Do we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
- We generally do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable
information unless we provide you with advance notice, except as described herein. The term "outside
parties" does not include our affiliates, and website hosting partners and other parties who participate
in or assist with operating our Site, conducting our business, or servicing you, including, without
limitation, any lenders or loan officers advertising products or services via the Site so long as those
parties agree to keep this information confidential. In the event that we sell our company, or otherwise
transfer any assets of our company, we may provide your information to the purchaser so that you may
continue the relationship or business with us and our products. We may also release your information when
we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our Site policies, or protect ours or
others' rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be
provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. We may aggregate non-personally
identifiable information in order to improve our services and for business and administrative purposes.
We may also use or share such non-personally identifiable aggregated information with third parties for
- Correction/Updating Personal Information
- You can correct or update your personally identifiable information by re-registering, updating your
profile, or by contacting us by electronic-mail at email@example.com.
- Do we use "cookies"?
- Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer's hard drive
through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the site's or service provider's systems to recognize
and process your state, financial product and other selections. Cookies are also used to help us understand
your preferences based on previous or current Site activity, which enables us to provide you with improved
that we can offer better Site experiences and tools in the future. We may place cookies on your browser
through Google Analytics and other third party advertising companies. We may also partner with companies
who can place banner ads for the Company on other websites. We partner with advertising companies to display
the Site and to serve ads based on your prior visits to the Site. You can opt out from Google serving ads
based on your actions on the Site and other sites by going to the Google Ads Preferences Manager, or by
installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
- If you would like to opt out of our exchange of your information with other marketers, please let us know
by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, including your full name, email address,
mailing address, and specifically what information you do not want to receive, and we will use commercially
reasonable efforts to implement your request as promptly as possible. You may also opt out of a third party
- We may also contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our Site
visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except
to help us conduct and improve our business.
- You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn
off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome) settings. Each
browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your
cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won't have access to many features that make your Site experience
more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
- Safeguarding Your Personal Information
- Company endeavors to follow generally accepted industry security standards to safeguard and help prevent
unauthorized access, maintain data security and correctly use your personally identifiable information.
However, no commercial method of information transfer over the Internet or electronic data storage is known
to be 100% secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of that information during its
transmission or its storage in our systems.
- Privacy and Third Party Links
with increased value, we may include third party links on our Site. These linked sites have separate and
independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities
of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our Site and welcome any feedback
about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work).
- Online Policy Only
- Questions and feedback
- We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about the Site. Please send us any and all feedback
in the subject line or by mailing us at the following address:
- Rates For Us, LLC.
PO Box 226
Newtown, PA 18940
- Important Notices to Non-United States Residents
- It is important to note that the Site is operated in the United States. If you are located outside
of the United States, please be aware that any visitor information you provide to us will be transferred
to the United States. By using the Site and/or providing us with your visitor information, you consent to
- Your California Privacy Rights
- Under California’s "Shine the Light" law, California residents who provide personal information in
obtaining products or services for personal, family or household use are entitled to request and
obtain from us once a calendar year information about the customer information we shared, if any,
with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include
the categories of customer information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared
customer information for the immediately prior calendar year (e.g. requests made in 2015 will receive
information regarding 2014 sharing activities).
- To obtain this information from Company please send an email message to email@example.com
with "Request for California Privacy Information" on the subject line and in the body of your
message. We will provide the requested information to you at your e-mail address in response. Not all
information sharing is covered by the "Shine the Light" requirements and only information on covered
sharing will be included in our response.
- Children’s Privacy
- We do not knowingly intend to collect personally identifiable information from children. If you are not
18 or older, you are not authorized to use the Site and the services offered via the Site. If a child
has provided us with personally identifiable information, a parent or guardian of that child may send
an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Request for Child Information Removal”
on the subject line and the name and age of the child in the body of the message. We will then make
reasonable efforts to delete the child’s information from the database that stores information for